Have you been driving around and noticing other people in your neighborhood getting new shingles put on their roof? Sometimes seeing a roofing truck driving around town or in your neighbor’s driveway can make you wonder if it might be time for you to replace your roof as well. Your roof is unique in that you can’t really tell if it’s time to replace it because often it’s difficult to access it and evaluate it. Because of this, it is always best to call a licensed contractor.
Here are a few signs that it might be time for you to replace your roof.
- You’ll want to consider the age of your roof. A normal roof will last between 20 to 25 years. There are many factors that determine how long your roof will last, but as a general rule of thumb, it may be time to replace it if it’s over 20 years old.
- If you see shingles that are curling or buckling this is a sign that you may need a new roof. Curling and buckling can be a sign of an old roof or a defective roof.
- Missing shingles in your roof landscape is a definite sign that you need to consider replacing your roof.
- Discoloring in your shingles could be a sign that they are beyond their life expectancy. Discoloring can mean that the shingle granules are shedding and possibly being washed into your gutters. Check your gutters for shingle granules that are falling off due to age, wear and tear.
- After a hailstorm or windstorm, it may be time to replace your roof.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, contact Jasper Contractors to see if it is indeed time to replace your roof. We’ll keep you covered!
Posted on behalf of Jasper Contractors